Instant Pot is the ideal multi-functional kitchen appliance for you and your baby and will quickly become your 2nd best friend (after your little one of course!)
Not only can it help you prepare quick and healthy meals for your baby, cooking multiple fruits and vegetables at the same time, you can set it and forget it, giving you more time with your baby knowing your homemade baby food is cooking away safely in the kitchen.
Your Instant Pot can also be used to sterilise baby equipment – such as bottles, bottle nipples, breast pump shields, and anything else you can throw in a steam-sterilizer bag, you can put it in your Instant Pot instead. All you need is 500ml of water, and your equipment on top of the metal trivet that came with your pot. Select ‘Steam’ function (or ‘Sterilise’ on newer models) and after a 15-minute cycle, and a natural pressure release, you baby equipment is good to go!
Top tips for DIY baby food in your Instant Pot
- Save time and cook a variety of fruits and vegetables at the same time – sweet potato, peas, carrots, broccoli, beetroot, red pepper, green beans, apple, pear, strawberries, peaches, mango, cherries – to name a few…
- Place multiple ramekins in the Instant Pot at the same time, using one for each food to cook them all during the one programme.
- Just a 3 minute programme needed to steam veggies ready for pureeing or finger foods!
- Make in advance and store in the fridge or freezer for a later date.
- Save money with homemade baby food and know exactly what you’re feeding your little one.
We have a variety of baby food recipes that you can follow on our website.