CARING HANDS ARE CLEAN HANDS
Did you know that a newborn baby’s immune system isn’t fully developed, but strengthens as they grow older? Germs are everywhere; they can live on surfaces for days, weeks and even months, and although bacteria is not always harmful to adults, newborns can be exceptionally susceptible to infection.
GOJO, specialists in skin & surface hygiene, recommend you consider everything you might touch on a daily basis, especially when you are not at home. For example, door knobs and shopping trolleys could harbour potentially dangerous bacteria, and, if transferred to your hands, make little ones ill.
This can seem daunting – suddenly the world seems to be an unsafe and germ-infested place! However, one of the easiest, and most effective ways of preventing infection is through good hand hygiene. Washing your hands thoroughly with water and soap should ensure any germs on your hands are removed.
As an additional layer of protection or if you are somewhere without any handwashing facilities, using a high-quality hand sanitiser is an ideal solution. Recommended by healthcare workers and trusted by the NHS, PURELL® Hand Sanitisers3 are clinically proven to kill 99.99% of the most common germs that may be harmful.
To receive your free 30ml sample* of PURELL Hand Sanitiser, email firstname.lastname@example.org quoting PURELLJOY2018.
HANDY HYGIENE HINTS
- Choose a high-quality hand sanitiser, which has been tested and has passed the key European anti-viral norms EN 14476
- Check the label for the active ingredients. Studies show that ethyl-alcohol is effective at killing viruses
- Choose a product with a skin friendly formulation to nourish hands
- Apply enough sanitising product to cover the entire surface of your hands
- Rub hands together for at least 20 seconds for it to be effective
 Hata B et al. Clin Infect Dis 2004; 39:1182 | Kramer A et al. BMC Infect Dis 2006; 6:130 | Havill NL. et al. Infect Control Hosp Epidemiol 2014; 35:445 | Weber DJ et al. Infect Control Hosp Epidermiol 2015
3 Use biocides safely. Always read the label and product information before use
*Samples available whilst stocks last